Thursday, March 31, 2011

A project for the books!

Found a project I did and took pictures of a few months ago. Thought it would be nice to have on here.... Found these beautiful wing back chairs at the local thrift store. Can't even remember the price... but it must have been good. LOOOVE these chairs. I had never reupholstered anything in my life before this.... don't know that I ever will again LOL... OK it wasn't that bad.
 Started by taking out the hundreds of staples....

I have to admit by the time I get to this point and realized there was no turning back..... I was getting a little nervous.  
I unrolled my fabric and put all of the old piece of fabric on top to figure out a way to use as much new fabric as possible. I just pieced them together like a puzzle leaving about an inch extra all around just in case!! 
Started with the tufting part on the back of the chair and then the bottom... 
 My husband was loving no parking space for the hrs and hrs it took to complete this project :) 
WHALAAAA here is the finished one.... We will get to the sister chair... after a little break! :)
I set it by our fireplace downstairs and I LOOOVE it! 
The pictures don't do the fabric justice... 
So fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment