Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Kitchen Island and Hood Refinish

So.....yes we built our house only 3 years ago but I have always wanted my island a different color up until the cabinet lady that I designed my kitchen with talked me out of it! I have always wanted to refinish it and this week Hubster gave me the go ahead YEAH! So, we started by tearing off the baseboard and replacing the boring ole' island with some beadboard. It was then boxed out and new baseboard was added. Patched all the finish holes, a good sand and then some painting, glazing and sealant. I have to say that I pretty much live in my kitchen when I am not refinishing furniture and I am in LOVE with it! Everything in my house is dark stain so this lightens up the area so much. Next project will be backsplash! I can't wait!!








 
 LOL and NO I am not attempting to staple my hand. I am checking my air pressure while hubster stole some pics of my helpers.


 Totally happy your taking my picture right now LOL!




 

 







 Wow really needs some glaze! Amazing the depth it adds.



 Step by step of the glaze. Everyone is always asking me how I glaze... here it is....
 And I wipe off what I think is good....
 And repeat again.....
 Again.....
 And again.....
 Until I think it is perfect.... here is a side by side. Amazing how the corbels look after glaze.




 Drum Roll...... WHALAAA! LOVE!!







Some quick before and afters.....






No comments:

Post a Comment