Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Burnt Green Kitchen Table SOLD

So apparently the only before picture I got was of the legs LOL at least I got one I guess! This is actually my kitchen table. I have wanted to paint it for years but I never had the courage HAHA! You would think over the last 5 years of doing this my house would be filled with my pieces. Nope!!! This is actually the first piece of my own furniture I have refinished. Tables or pieces with smooth flat tops that are used regularly make me nervous. I am so much of a perfectionist. It seriously took me forever to do this. I finally just had to stop. My poor kids didn't have a table for weeks it seemed like. They were so excited to eat at the table and thye love it almost as much as I do. My house is all dark stain and tan walls. I feel like I am suffocating sometimes. I have to say that I am super pleased with the turn out. I love to just walk next to my table. I need to finish the table setting but I had to post some pics for now! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Amazing what a coat of paint can do to bring new life to something! :) This table was all dark stain like the legs and it does have a leaf that looks awesome when extended I will have to post more pics of it later.
 Fell in love with this color the first time I tried it!

 People always want to know what the finish is like on tables... I tired to get a good shot of it. It was sprayed like 3 times for the durability with my crazy kids. It is so much better now. Whenever the kids spill on it instead of soaking in all the spill beads up and washes right away. AWESOME!
 Went with some white legs.




 This is the beginning of my table setting. I get a little crazy with my settings. My drawers are filled with placemats and decor for the Holidays and change of Seasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment