Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Watermelom pink dresser/armoire

I loved this dresser when I saw it. I thought of a baby dresser and watermelon pink stood out in my mind. I started with a good wash down and then primed with Kilz Primer... WAHOO for when it was warm enough to use my spray gun! Those were the days. Don't think I can handle much more rain!!
After the white primer I sprayed with the pink and then used my mouse sander to distress it! I love to distress it adds so much more depth to the piece.
After distressing I slapped on a chocolate glaze I mixed with Valspar clear glaze and a drop or two or three :)) of my favorite Dark Walnut stain by Minwax. Wiped off with a wet towel.... and wahlaaa
See how well the stain gets into all the nooks and crannies? I love it!!!

 
 


 
I love how this turned out. I have a small dresser I am debating making the same color so they can be a set. It will make a good changing table as well??? hmmm the possibilities!

1 comment:

  1. love love love this :) and i can't wait to see how its going to look in my nursery :)

    ReplyDelete