Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Refinished old Desk

This was a custom piece for my niece. She wanted it refinished for her Birthday. I got it pretty late in the week so I was up all hours of the night for a few nights. It was pretty trashed. I didn't even wipe it down and went straight for the sander...

 
 Amazing what a little elbow grease will do.
 looks like new already :)
 I lightly primed with Kilz primer they are the best and then a coat of white paint. I didn't take pictures but I used Valspar clear glaze and mixed in some Valspar paint that was blue. Blue is her favorite color so I used that to glaze the entire desk. Wiped off with a wet towel. I need to be better with step by step pictures. I get to excited to finish :))
 WahLAAA
 
 She is in love with Cupcakes and so I made a cupcake stencil and put a couple on top of the desk.
 
 I used all the original hardware (as I always do whenever possible.) I loved the old rubbed off look they had so I just put some glaze on top and sprayed them with a clear glaze top coat afterwards. They are my favorite part I think! <3
 
 I lined the drawers with a blue Hawaiian themed paper and modge podged really well. The entire desk was covered with 3 coats of Wipe On Poly!
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment