Sunday, October 14, 2012

Record Console

I love old record players. My Dad had one while I was growing up as a child and this reminds me so much of him. This was a comissioned piece for a musically inclined, artsy, opinionated......in other words difficult to please customer LOL Just Kidding! I think at one point I told him if they hadn't been such great customers I would have told them "sorry.... better luck next time!" It was that miserable of a refinish! Whomever put this piece together did it with the intentions of it never being taken apart again. It took forever to get the front face off without damaging the spindles. It had to come off in order to replace the fabric. Anyway, long story short after a couple days it was all taken apart WHAOOO! The top and base were stripped a couple times, sanded, stained and sealed. The rest was primed in a white (so after the distressing it would show through) painted stone gray, glazed in Ralph Lauren blk and sealed. I didn't get the greatest "after" pic's.... I actually forgot that I even had taken any at all. I snapped a couple to send the customer on my phone so no real pics but these will do!






 

 Rippled.....
 or tight.....?






No comments:

Post a Comment