Thursday, November 10, 2011

9 drawer dresser

This dresser needed a lot of work. All of the runners were broke.  I have to idea how the top and bottom drawers were opened. There was no knobs or holes where an actual pull would go. I drilled holes for those and replaced all the existing hardware. The color is a cream, distressed and glazed. It was sealed for durability.  It is solid wood and very heavy. This piece is still available and contract info is at the sidebar for more info.
 This is some of the glazing technique I used. Just throw it on there and wipe off what I don't want. It didn't accept the glaze very well so I had to do this a few times.


 Such a mess but so worth the finished product. Sorry for the crazy garage pics. It is getting to cold to move everything in and out of my house for staged pictures. :)



 The middle section of drawers look like there are 2 separate sections but it is one large drawer. I love the glass knobs as well. The cracked paint look matches perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment