Monday, February 18, 2013

Refinished Table

Love this old claw foot style table. When I very first started doing furniture I would spend a lot of time deciding what to do with my pieces. Now within the first few seconds of receiving a piece I can see the way I want it to look. I love when I get pieces brought to me and the customer is already set on something, but its hard to hold back my own desires for the end result LOL. This one actually ended up better than I have imagined- although polar opposite of what I would have chose. I loved it and it was nice to do something black. I haven't done a coal black in such a long time. The top had quite a bit of water damage so it was given a real good sanding.




 After all the old finish was off it was painted a dark coal black
 
 Let the distressing begin....

 glazed in chocolate to stain the distressed parts.....

 Finally sealed with a heavy acrylic. This was coated about 3 times due to the nature of the table being in the kitchen and used a lot. I love this new acrylic I started using last year. It makes everything water resistant and scrubbable. My super expensive table I was so nervous to refinish ended up 100% better than the day I bought it. LOVE!

 The bottom of this table looked awesome! I love the detail.




1 comment:

  1. I love the way this table turned out!! We got a 'new to us' table last year and I am finally almost finished redoing it :) I can't find a good heavy acrylic I like though. Our table is pretty similar to this one. Our kitchen is a rusty orange color so I'm thinking I'd painting it ivory or a dusty red.... I would love your input! I'm so ready to have a finished price our family can enjoy!

    ReplyDelete